DEAR CAPE TOWN ::: The Executive Deputy Mayor pointed out that the City received extensive public input on the draft budget for 2018/19 and that these mainly relate to the proposed increase in the water tariffs. [click the link to view the full report]
The Executive Mayor informed the meeting that, due to the vast number of comments received, a disc containing all comments and/or objections would be made available to all councillors.
It is RECOMMENDED that:
– the public participation process conducted in respect of – the draft budget for 2018/2019 be noted;
– the changes resulting from public comments already included in the budget be approved;
– the budget be further amended as a consequence of the public comments received where appropriate and/or necessary;
– appropriate responses be given to all respondents on the budget, where possible;
– comments be referred to the relevant Directorates for consideration in terms of their available resources or realignment of their implementation plans;
– the comments/ objections received be considered in current and future budget processes
Due to the vast number of individual comments and/or objections which were received and the limited time available for processing same, Directorates were further engaged in scrutinising and responding to comments at the time of finalisation of this report.
The Executive Mayor informed the meeting that, due to the vast number of comments received, the budget be further amended as a consequence of the public comments received where appropriate and/or necessary.